Tuesday, August 28, 2012

SONshine and Rain

On Sunday, I was driving towards my best friend's house to enjoy our family dinner. I have driven there so many times that I could really make the drive without thought. However, there was something different that caught my attention.  It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining brightly ahead of me. It was far off but its rays pointed directly at my face. The glare was so bright that I reached for my shades. After adjusting my vision, I looked toward the sun again and it seemed like the sun was right over the place where I was headed and guiding me to my destination. What really amazed me was the fact that although it was sunny outside,  I had my windshield wipers on because it was also raining. When does it ever rain while the sun is out? is what I thought to myself.  We have been conditioned to think that in the midst of a storm or in the midst of rain, the clouds have to be gloomy and the sun has to be hidden but truth be told, the sun is always in the sky, even when it "goes down."   I began smiling because I saw this as a spiritual lesson from the Lord.


Sometimes along this Christian journey, we can feel like God isn't near. Normally, its when the storm clouds roll in our lives and the rain comes but dont be alarmed.  The SON is always in the sky, even on the gray days. Just as it was possible for the sun to shine while it was raining in the natural, the SON is always shining even during the storm in your life because the SON is always REIGNING!!!! Don't lose faith. Just as the sun appeared to be right over my friend's house or my destination, its rays extended all the way to where I was at the moment.  The only thing I had to do was to be going in the right direction.  The same thing applies to YOU. The Lord knows your destination, the place where He has pre-destined you to be, however He has also extended the Holy Spirit to you now to help you where you are.  As long as your heart is turned towards Him, you will make it to where you are supposed to be.



Torn to Born Revelation:
Lord God, Almighty, Soverign One, King of kings, Lord of lords.  You indeed are the GREAT I AM.  We thank you for being the Only Wise God, the One who knows all and sees all. We thank you for never leaving us nor forsaking us. We also thank you for sending the Holy Spirit to help us. We believe that even in our darkest days you are there just like you are in our brightest days. We thank you for being our strong tower where we can run to when the storms get too strong. We appreciate your for your safety. We trust you today and forever. In Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment